Wednesday, July 25, 2007

PinkBird Supplies Supplies!

I have recently had some very busy free time which I spent cleaning and re-organizing my home, life, and art supplies....while sifting through boxes and jars and more boxes of beads, paints, wire, glass, ceramics, etc. I decided it is time to get rid of all the stuff I have but will probably never use. This is definitely a good thing.

With a little inspiration from Tina Seamonster (of ilikeseamonsters.com) and her blog for the Washington City Paper's Crafty Bastards* called, "Growing your Etsy Garden" I have listed heaps of beads, charms, and other random arts and crafts supplies on the PinkBird Etsy Shop.

So, at the PinkBird Etsy Shop you can find an interesting assortment of items that I just never got around to using or that are a few oddballs leftover from finished projects. And, since I've been cleaning out my craft supplies (which will be an ongoing task) I am trying to pass along anything I may never use--it's a win/win: I have less clutter and you can buy some awesome stuff!

I don't really need a lot of this stuff anymore, if I've had it for awhile (and in some cases years) and I haven't used it, I probably never will. Some of the notions and beads are vintage pieces that belonged to my grandmothers. I've had the realization that just because it belonged to someone I love that's not a very good reason to keep it if I'm not doing anything with it. Plus, I have tons of wonderful things that belonged to both of my grandmothers that I actually adore and use, so why have a handful of beads sitting in a jar?

Hmmm. Now I think I need to take some of this advice with me to my closet!

(*Way back in November 2006, I was one of the Washington City Paper's "Craftiest Bastards of the Week"!)

Here is a preview of what's in store at PinkBird's Etsy Shop:


Etsy
Buy Handmade
PinkBird