Monday, August 20, 2007

PinkBird's Picture: Pacific Ocean, Kauai


On the Hawaiian island of Kauai we snorkeled in the sparkling translucent waters of Lawai Beach. As the ocean got deeper we saw schools of vibrant fish in every size and shape. This is also where we saw this glorious sea turtle. In awe, we were able to quietly drift right above the giant creature as a couple of smaller turtles swam around us. The moment seemed to last forever; I didn’t want to swim away but I also wanted to leave the turtles in peace. Before heading back to shore, I snapped a few shots with my disposable underwater camera hoping at least one picture would turnout. Needless to say, this is one of my favorite underwater pictures that I have taken. The sea turtle is amazing, the colors are beautiful, and the memory is forever.

P.S. Regarding my last post...we are actually not moving. We had planned on it, since the place next door to ours is bigger and quite cute, but after having a second look at it, we realized we'd have to buy all kinds of new furniture for it (since it's lacking storage space). So, rather than spend more money monthly and spend money getting new stuff, we decided to head over to Ikea and buy new stuff for our current place, which seems to be working out well. Maybe all I needed was a little change of scenery. (Story of my life....)