Tuesday, August 14, 2007

PinkBird's Picture: Stonehenge

Today's picture comes from a trip we took to London. Stonehenge is only a few hours away.....I've been doing some serious thinking about travel and life lately, but that will have to come later. For now, I leave you with this:


There is something inexplicable in the air at Stonehenge near Salisbury, England that hints at mystery and power. The energy at Stonehenge is quite intriguing and seeing this mystifying ancient monument for myself peaked my curiosity. I really like this picture because it's sort of a "close up" of the stones than you usually see. I like to be able to see the moss and the weathered areas of the stones because it helps make them look so much more real, so much more ancient. This was a place I had always seen in photographs and on TV but had never thought I would be fortunate enough to see up close. Despite the dreary day that I traveled through to get there, the countryside was beautiful and bright green. I was surprised to see the countryside surrounding this monument teeming with sheep from all the neighboring farms.