Sunday, September 16, 2007

I love archive.org

How about discovering some (free) new music this weekend? I can't make it down to Austin City Limits Music Festival (have fun, Sylvie!), so instead I headed over to archive.org to download some fresh music to listen to while I do my art homework. If you don't know about archive.org now you do. Though, if you know me, I'm probably not telling you anything new. I love Archive....last weekend I got STS9's recent "RE:Generation" show....it's so hot that I cannot stop listening to it. (Which is making me even more excited to Sound Tribe Sector 9 next weekend in Baltimore!)

Archive.org is an internet archive site, which, at first glance seems super boring (and maybe even nerdy!). Internet Archive is basically a huge digi-library of web sites and other fun, interesting stuff. Along with this, it has heaps and heaps of live music you can download for FREE from bands that allow taping rights, like the Grateful Dead, Sound Tribe Sector 9, String Cheese Incident, Ben Kweller, O.A.R., Keller Williams, Jack Johnson, My Morning Jacket, 311, Umphrey’s McGee...the list goes on and on. See for yourself right HERE.

Happy listening, until next time, take it light!