Saturday, September 08, 2007

San Fransisco Craft Mafia - Mafia Made

....I really like San Fransisco....one of my dear friends from college lives there...and, OK, so, maybe I've never been there. I did spend the night at some swanky hotel there paid for by American Airlines (after my plane was late for a connection out of San Jose and they paid for me to take a cab to San Fransisco and put me up in a black-tie affair hotel so I could get the soonest flight out of California the next day, but that's another story).

Anyway, I just dropped some PinkBird Creations promo items in the mail headed for good old SF. These goodies are for Swag Bags for the San Fransisco Craft Mafia's, "Mafia Made Winter Trunk Show" being held October 21, 2007 at the Hall of Flowers (County Fair Building) in Golden Gate Park, 9th & Irving, SF, CA from 12pm to 5pm. WooHoo!

I was really excited and flattered that they asked me to donate items for their Swag Bags...The pictures you see here are only just a sampling of the goods you will find there!

I always like to support indie ventures like this one. I think it's really important both for vendors and consumers. I love the comradery and entrepreneurship at indie craft/art fairs. I love getting to know the person who made the thing that I'm buying. Even if you don't know that person it's nice to at least know their name or glimpse their world, even if it's just though MySpace or a blog. Handmade crafty stuff (art with a function) is so very personal; just the idea that a person created something with love and attention and you love it so much you want to own it, what could be better than knowing more about the person who made it? (Can you say that about what your wearing right now?). It's a wonderful feeling to know the name of the person who created the pants your wearing or the lip balm you use....So, if you are in the San Fransisco, CA area why not get some early holiday shopping done and meet some fantastic artists at the Mafia Made Trunk Show? You may even get some free PinkBird treats too!