Friday, November 09, 2007

Take the Pledge to BUY HANDMADE!

I just signed the pledge to buy handmade this holiday season, and perhaps you will too. (I was number 4611...and that's a lot of people who have signed so far!) I think the idea of "buying handmade" is absolutely terrific. What's better than getting and giving something made my hand out of love, time, and soul? It's not only fun to know the name of the real, live person who made something you love to wear or use, but I think it is very important. If you need more inspiration, please head over to buyhandmade.org

"Buying handmade is better for people, better for the environment, and better for giving truly special and well-crafted gifts. The ascendancy of chain store culture and global manufacturing has left us all dressing, furnishing, and decorating alike. The connection between producer and consumer has been lost. Buying handmade helps them reconnect. We encourage all consumers to be aware of the social and environmental implications of their purchases."

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org