Friday, January 04, 2008

PinkBird's Picture: Haleakala, Maui



I never thought I would be able to stand above the clouds and still have my feet on the ground. I guess that's why they say“nothing is impossible.” Here I am near the top of Maui's“House of the Sun” or Haleakala more than 10,000 feet high. The top of this giant volcanic crater offers beautiful and almost unbelievable views, it's even hard to imagine you are still in Hawaii as it can get quite cold up there and the terrain appears almost alien. Being at the top of Haleakala can be a life altering experience, you feel so small yet so grand all at once. Haleakala is one of my favorite places to be in the whole world, it's so full of aloha--just peaceful and absolutely amazing--it is definitely the“peak” experience of any journey to Maui.