Sunday, March 23, 2008

live your dream


You may know that I am constantly struggling to determine "what I want to be when I grow up." What makes me happy? What could I do everyday for the rest of my life and feel good about? I found the questions on this website to be incredibly helpful in helping you figure out what you really want to do with your life. Time and time again when I think about what I would do if I won millions of dollars or didn't have to work, or only have a few months left to live, I realize that typically the things I'm doing on a daily basis are not the things my dreams are made of. I am very lucky that I to get to create art and have a fairly successful online shop (at least in my terms of success) and I have a regular 9 to 5 type job that I like.

If your in the middle of that "what do I do?" or "am I happy?" stage, try questions like these and then get ready to unleash your dreams! (On another note, Cheri Huber's books are also a good starting point for a Zen way of following your dreams, and I'll mention it again, Paulo Coelho's The Alchemist is good if your seeking your "personal legend").

(Photo taken by me, a view from the lanai of our house when we lived on Oahu)
P.S. Happy Birthday, Janine!!!