Monday, April 07, 2008

before 30:

Well, I turned 29 yesterday (but still got carded when I went out!) so, I've been thinking about the milestone that is turning 30....I decided to do a "before a turn 30" list, and probably the best part about it is that I realized how much stuff I have already done! But, I still was able to make a list:

Before I'm 30 I would like to:

1. Check another Continent off "my list" (right now, 5 out of 7 isn't bad..), so, travel South America.
2. Get my nose pierced
3. Realize and internalize that surrender is not the same as apathy. Surrendering to the Universe is not giving up or giving in.
4. Send a postcard secret to PostSecret
5. Live for everyday beauty--not just the "big moments."
6. Stop thinking there is something/anything about life that needs to be changed or fixed.
7. Stop carrying around old ideas of myself that have nothing to do with my present life (and maybe they never had anything to do with me to begin with).
8. Paint more.
9. Draw more.
10. Give away my paintings and drawings (see #8 and #9).
11. Run PinkBird Creations as if my life depends on it--because in some ways it does.
12. Read more books. Where does the time go? I used to read all the time, now I have a stack of five half-finished books on my nightstand...and they've sat there for months.
13. Start doing Yoga more regularly again.
14. Go to ACL and/or SXSW.
15. Blog everyday. (or almost).
16. Do something physically adventurous (that I haven't done before).
17. Only say "yes" for a day.
18. Edit and add to this list!