Monday, July 14, 2008

Hotel Review: InterContinental Harbor Court Hotel, Baltimore, MD

I realized the other day that I have 1 or 2 trips planned every month for the next 6 months. WooHoo!

So, I've decided to include reviews or trip reports (of the hotels, experiences, etc) on my blog. I have been writing reviews on TripAdvisor because I have used that site/reviews frequently, especially when planning our trip to the Galapagos. The thing about it was that I didn't find much information that really helped me plan that trip, so I was hoping to help other people.

Anyway, I went back and included my review of the Eugenia Hotel in Quito, Ecuador and will be adding some older reviews also, starting with this one of the InterContinental Harbor Court Hotel in Baltimore, Maryland. We only stayed one night, as we decided to stay in town after an STS9 show last September. (Which I blogged about here).

InterContinental Harbor Court Baltimore

VERY VERY disappointing. If you are expecting 4 or 5 stars think again and book elsewhere. (The Hyatt Regency across the street is nice). Our room was dirty, paint was peeling, and the mini-bar area had water damage and mildew.

The flowers in the lobby were dead and the staff and service was just as lively. (Meaning, unfriendly and unhelpful).

A TV in the bathroom doesn't justify slacking in other amenities and aspects (like only paper cups for coffee/tea). Definitely not worth the price.

Date of Stay: September 2007
  • My ratings for this hotel are:
    • 1 of 5 stars Value
    • 2 of 5 stars Rooms
    • 3 of 5 stars Location
    • 2 of 5 stars Cleanliness
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Service
Would I recommend this hotel to my best friend?
no way!
I recommend this hotel for:
Tourists
I do not recommend this hotel for:
Young singles, An amazing honeymoon, A romantic getaway, Great pool scene
I selected this hotel as a top choice for:
Concerts / Music festival, Other



*I should add: These are my opinions, I am not a paid journalist nor do I receive any compensation from the company named above. This blog is merely a record of my opinions as I wonder and create in this world. This review was also published at tripadvisor.com