Friday, August 22, 2008

Already?


Wow. School starts on Monday, I can't believe it. I also can't believe I will be a full time art student, I'm so excited. I feel so much more relieved and confident about the whole thing than I did this time last year.

So, in anticipation of having absolutely no real free time I'm spending this weekend completing any crafty projects I started this summer (perhaps I'll post pictures) as well as finishing my summer books. One book I was reading (and re-reading) this summer was Paulo Coelho's "Warrior of the Light." Last night I read a passage that seems to fit this stage in my life perfectly:

"Because there are no ends, there are only means. Life carries [one] from unknown to unknown. Each moment is filled with this thrilling mystery: [one] does not know where he came from or where he is going.

But he is not here by chance. And he is overjoyed by surprises and excited by landscapes that he had never seen before. He feels afraid, but that is normal...If he things only of the goal, he will not be able to pay attention to the signs along the way. If he concentrates only on one question, he will miss the answers that are there beside him..."
-Paulo Coelho, "The Warrior of the Light"