Sunday, August 10, 2008

Check.

I am back from my trip to Chicago! While I was there I drove down to the middle of Illinois to the city where my sister lives. She and her boyfriend recently bought a boat so we took it out on the Illinois River. I also got to check a few things off my "before I turn 30" list....I did "something physically adventurous (that I haven't done before)--preferably outdoors." Not only did I get to drive the boat, I also went wake-boarding, which was super fun! Sure, the first time I barely got up and almost immediately face-planted in the water, but I came up laughing uncontrollably. I'm glad I got to try something new, though now I can't wait to do it again and I want my own boat!

I think what I liked best about the whole experience was, like body-boarding or surfing, you really have to be in the moment, you have to function in the present, you can't really be thinking about much else aside from what is going on with your body and the water right now. It was a lovely weekend and a nice lesson in living in the moment.