Monday, November 10, 2008

The Art of the Handwritten...

I've been in a handwritten mood lately---these days, there's something so intimate about things that are handwritten. (Don't get me started on school's cutting cursive writing from their curriculums; I mean, I usually print, but still...)

I typically like to write a little note on the invoices I send to my customers, and have been opting to hand write homework assignments too. I've always been a letter-writer and postcard-sender (recall: my love of the postal system); I just love to make simple marks on paper. Especially now, when it's nothing to zip off a meaningless email or text, handwritten notes and letters are even more appreciated.

How many times have you opened your mailbox and smiled to see a hand-addressed letter. You couldn't wait to check the postmark, who sent it and why?! If they took the time to write something, it's gotta be good, right?! So, here's an idea: make someone's day for under a dollar: send a handwritten letter or postcard.