Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Counted.

Wow. Thanks for voting. Regardless who you voted for, at least you went out and did it. While standing in line to vote--I waited about an hour--there were quite a few old timers around me comparing the line. "I've been voting here for 40 years, and have never seen a line like this...." one said. Another mentioned how she always votes at 9am, and never had to wait more than 20 minutes. I have voted in a presidential election 3 times (and all in different states--do I move too much?!) and never had a line like that one. It was actually kind of fun listening to the stories of elections days passed and realizing (not to sound too cheesy) that we are privileged by being able to vote. After I voted, the line was even longer--it was out the door. As I walked home, every person I passed on the sidewalk said "good morning" and it really felt that way.