Thursday, March 12, 2009

When You're Having Fun...

Wow, in a couple of weeks it will be midterms! Yikes...this semester is flying by. I knew on the first day of classes that this semester would be a challenge for me. I am taking mainly "digital" art classes--an Intro to Digital Media (the first of the Graphic Design series), Digital Photography, and even Art History--which I have online! (Thank goodness I have an amazing Yoga class to balance it all out!) The hardest part is that though I am "making things" they all seem very far away from me because I am creating art in digital formats using the computer. I can't hold them. I can't touch them. They don't feel as much a part of me as building or painting something does. Making this type of art is almost difficult for me. I like to get dirty. These works, are clean and crisp, and, well...I can't smell the glue or the paint drying. However, I am resigning myself to give up these ideas or frustrations and to just create art in this medium. Tomorrow I will post a project or two. Until then...create an amazing day!