Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A List or A-List:

I have been busy...actually, to be honest I have been a lovely swirling mess of extremely busy and extremely lazy. So, here, in my favorite format--the list--is a brief recap:

...I have been celebrating the Summer of Awesome 2009. I hope you are too...

...We now have three lovely bird paintings above our couch. The Guy's grandmother painted them...they need new frames, though the gaudy gold does seem to fit with the design mash-up that is our living space.

...I have been enjoying sunny (and hot and humid) walks to the post office and the farmers market a few times a week.

...I saw "Inglourious Basterds," I'm not a fan of violence and blood but I still liked the movie, admittedly though, the highlight came before the movie started--the theater was packed and 3 cops showed up, walked up the aisle to some big guy with a purse, not sure what they said, but he shouted and then got arrested. Bootlegging? I dunno.

...Went to visit my sister and we took her boat out only to have it mysteriously breakdown...we got towed to shore in the middle of nowhere and hung out on a beach while her guy hitched a ride back to his truck then came back for us and the boat. We didn't get to wake-board but it was still fabulous!

...I got to visit a Caterpillar plant (as in Caterpillar Construction), it was like living "How it's Made!"

...Riding around on an adult tricycle may have been one of the highlights of my summer...now I have to find one on Craigslist or Freecycle so I can ride it whenever I want.

...I've realized more people need to carry Pictionary around with them and preferably a large laminated sheet of poster-board and dry erase pens to go with it.

...History of Modern Art may actually be a pretty awesome class this semester.

...You may be drinking Pabst Blue Ribbon, but I have been enjoying some Belgian white beers (I'm drinking a Hoegaargen as I type).

...I'm working on scanning old photos so I can have digital versions of all those great memories...

...I need to get a new Passport but don't want to give up my old one. Apparently they send it back to you after you renew. Yay!

...Wish I could get enough of Good Old War but I can't...

...Volunteered at a Paul McCartney show and got to be backstage most of the show...even got to see sound check. And, when I wasn't backstage I was in the front of the stage!

...Sweetest thing to happen all Summer? Someone I had never met bought me beads from Bead for Life (wonderful cause)...of course I had to make a bunch of jewelry with them...including a lovely necklace for her.

...Saw a strange Phish show at Merriweather Post Pavilion but had a good time nonetheless. I'm still not sure why/how it was different from other shows...was it the crowd? Was it the music? Who was vibe-ing of off who?

...Have spent waaaay too much time trying to find decent/useful apps for my iPhone. (And, so far I have tons of photo-editing apps!)

...Day dreaming about moving...not sure where too (though Hawaii and Europe are on the list!)

...I wish I were taking more studio art classes this semester. As much as I enjoy Graphic Design classes, I wanna get messy!

...Secretly, (and embarrassingly) I actually kinda like that new-ish Green Day song, "21 Guns," that faux beautiful voice is what gets me., it's catchy and poppy. It's a guilty pleasure.

...I've been listening to Obadiah Parker’s version of "Hey Ya" too much.

...We bought a case of Kinder Surprise Eggs while in Vancouver. Yum!

...School starts today, so I have a sneaking suspicion I will be in hermit mode for awhile. So, until next time, Create a beautiful day!